Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 1 or I AM SO HUNGRY!

We took a trip to the grocery store I will refer to as that weird hippie place that smells like patchouli.  The husband picked me up a vegan cookie while my back was turned and in a fit of desperate hunger I tried it.  Not bad at all, but definitely something that I could make myself.  The boy even happily gobbled some down, although if you could see what he puts in his mouth this is not necessarily a shinning endorsement for its flavor.  I did also pick up some seitan because it's clear that I will need to make an effort to make sure I'm getting enough protein.  And this was only before I learned that I could also make this myself.  Experimenting will be done.  I just might have to bring home some lab goggles for this kind of work.

But the meat (ha!) of this post is FOOD.

Breakfast
1 cup steel cut oats with
1 T brown sugar (I know, I know!)
1 apple
dash cinnamon
coffee w/ 1 T soy creamer

Snack
A serving of smoothie containing banana, cherries and almond milk
Part of a vegan cookie

Lunch
Qdoba vegetarian burrito with black beans, rice, guacamole salsa verde and no dairy obviously
*I double checked allergen ingredients before we ordered, I swear it's vegan!

Supper
I don't think I even have words for this.  It require full graphic detail.

Homemade whole wheat pizza crust brushed with olive oil and garlic, adorned with tomato sauce, onions, green pepper, mushroom and fresh tomatoes.  The best part? This is a great example of a meal that can be vegetarian and meat eater friendly for the whole family.  I made two pizzas, mine got the bulk of the veggies, and theirs got the addition of some pepperoni and cheese.  Everyone is happy.

I think the main hunger problem was poor planning on my part.  I foolishly was out and about grocery shopping without packing a proper snack.  That's silly for even an omnivore.  And I'm sure that like any style of eating it will be an adjustment.  I will say that the headache I get sometimes and have been battling the past few days is gone.  Also I definitely don't have that heavy, ate too much, going to sit on the couch and slip into a coma feeling.  I, however, will not make any wagers over if my dreams tonight are filled with dancing chicken breasts and milk chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment