Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 2 or A Bean Does Not a Burger Make

Today went much smoother than yesterday.  I wasn't overwhelmingly hungry and I had access to a stocked fridge full of fruits and vegetables.   I felt better today than yesterday as well with more energy, although some of that might be attributed to 40 minutes of Zumba.  For dinner I decided to experiment making my own black bean burgers.  And while they were delicious in their own right, they are not a burger nor do they taste like a burger.  Any vegetarian that tells you so is probably delirious with severe protein deprivation.  But if you take them for what they are they can be a great meal.  Just don't expect them to replace that hunk of beefy goodness. 

Food

Breakfast
Homemade whole wheat pancakes w/ blueberries
Coffee w/ soy creamer
Slice fresh pineapple

Snack
Apple w/ 1 T natural peanut butter

Lunch
Spinach salad w/ avocado, mushrooms and tomato
A splash of balsamic vinaigrette
Slice homemade whole wheat bread

Snack
Tortilla chips
Pico de gallo

Supper
Bean patty (the term burger has been revoked)
Tomato
Baked sweet potato fries















I even had enough energy to experiment and make a vegan friendly dessert for tomorrow.  Being Valentine's Day and all I didn't feel like my guys should have to suffer.  Although the husband may argue that consuming the dessert might still entail suffering, the son won't.  Only because he can't talk.  It still counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment